Jedi|Sith Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jedi|Sith Order

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Statistic
Sith Trainee
Sith Trainee
Statistic

Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response) Empty
PostSubject: Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response)   Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm

I got to thinking(and no it didn't hurt *to*much). Who ever said that there were only two factions that used a lightsaber and the force?I mean what if there are others like maybe mercenaries or people who just wield a lightsaber(who ever said you need the force to use a lightsaber?)or droids like general Grievous? (Its like using a sword right?) And why would someone need training to use the force even a little bit??Surely the first force user didn't need training.And surely this galaxy far far away isn't the only one with the force.

PS.Maybe we can use these ideas to spice RP up a little.
Back to top Go down
Xieza
Jedi Hopeful
Jedi Hopeful
Xieza

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response)   Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 pm

There actually is more than just Jedi and Sith that use lightsabers or the force.
Back to top Go down
Enomiss
Emperor
Emperor
Enomiss

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response)   Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Statistic wrote:
I got to thinking(and no it didn't hurt *to*much). Who ever said that there were only two factions that used a lightsaber and the force?I mean what if there are others like maybe mercenaries  or people who just wield a lightsaber(who ever said you need the force to use a lightsaber?)or droids like general Grievous? (Its like using a sword right?) And why would someone need training to use the force even a little bit??Surely the first force user didn't need training.And surely this galaxy far far away isn't the only one with the force.

PS.Maybe we can use these ideas to spice RP up a little.

No one said there were only 2 "factions" or "Orders" even that wield a lightsaber and are force sensitive/use the force in the Star Wars series/expanded universe  - but you see, your speaking in a very broad sense when your talking about the WHOLE Star Wars series/expanded universe and all of its possible entities. And we're JO|SO/<::JSO::> Jedi Sith Order. - RP, FF, & Duel. Within the titles of the clan and server, we have confines that we try to stick with merely to keep the integrity of the Clan-RP persona in place and to make sure things just don't get all clusterfucked lol. In response to your statement about needing the force to wield a lightsaber? Absolutely you do need the force/need to be force sensitive in order to "successfully wield" a lightsaber, did you ever play the Star Wars KotOR (Knights of the Old Republic I & II) series? If you payed close attention to the dialogue in the series through playing, you should be informed you absolutely need to be force sensitive in order to wield a lightsaber "correctly" or "successfully" (say it was a 1v1, the force sensitive  would without a doubt be the victor vs a non force sensitive, I'll give 2 quick examples).

"The Force, being far more powerful than any machine in the galaxy, had the ability to be used as a weapon by the Sith, or as a tool by the Jedi. In either case, the Force gave Force-sensitives the ability to perform actions that would have otherwise been considered impossible. For instance, Jedi Master Yoda had the ability, even at over 800 years old, to use the lightsaber combat form of Ataru, demanding incredible acrobatics and speed. This was in no small part due to his amazing power in the Force. Some Force powers included healing, psychokinesis, increased physical abilities, foresight, and various offensive techniques, such as the notorious Force lightning."

"It was commonly considered near impossible to wield a lightsaber without a sense of the Force, This was, however, an exaggeration, as non-sensitives had successfully utilized lightsabers on numerous occasions. It did, however, require Force sensitivity and, except in rare cases such as Jaden Korr, some degree of training to successfully build one, and a Force-user generally would have been a more accomplished combatant."

source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-sensitive

Point being ultimately even if its force sensitive v non force sensitive the likelihood the non force sensitive will be the victor is slim to none.
I can even demonstrate in-game exactly how this theory I'm suggesting to you applies directly to JKA itself too. (Force v Guns?/ammerc?)

I suppose Mercs could use swords and be "unknowingly force sensitive" (have basic force abilities like push, pull, saber throw, etc) to a degree just to be defensive against force users/force sensitives and still be able to compete. But would have to hear some proposed ideas from all Clan Members on this possibility as it would be a Clan-wide change-decision. But I'm open to this idea Stat, and I'm actually very glad you brought this up, as we did used to do something similar in first generation JO|SO like this where there was a Mercenary (Jedi)/Bounty Hunter (Sith) factions that were subfactions people could join. Problem is they were subfactions and with that didn't get a whole lot of interest/draw from Members.. But if people are interested in the aspect now, why not bring it back and maybe fix it up a bit? Could be fun. Smile Open to ideas, let's hear em!  cheers

"And why would someone need training to use the force even a little bit??Surely the first force user didn't need training.And surely this galaxy far far away isn't the only one with the force." said Stat

Err. All Jedi/Sith at some point, no matter what specific even Caste (expertise area of training/combat) they chose in the Jedi Order / Sith Order ALL STILL learned aspects of the Force/using the Force from their Masters...  Luke Skywalker for example was of the Jedi Caste - Guardian, making him believed to be Saber-savvy. However, in Ep. 5 you see him clearly Force training with Master Yoda after his ship has crashed on Dagobah. Meaning, even Caste Specific Experts train outside of their comfort zones to broaden their horizons and overall skill levels and abilities. This theory seems to hold true to form in practice in JKA too from personal experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/Jhera
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response)   Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just thinking out loud(with hopes of response)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi|Sith Order :: The Social Circle :: General Discussion-
Jump to: